Centro Cultural Conde Duque

Conde Duque 11, 28015 915 885 834 www.esmadrid.com/condeduque

Acabado en 1730 como Real Cuartel de Guardias de Corps por mandato de Felipe V, este centro cultural ha reabierto sus puertas en junio de 2011 tras una importante obra de restauración y ampliación de sus espacios. Cuenta con teatro, auditorios, salas de ensayo y exposiciones, el Museo de Arte Contemporáneo, el Archivo de Villa, la Hemeroteca Municipal, la Biblioteca Histórica, la Biblioteca Digital y la Biblioteca Pública Victor Espinós.

Phillip V of Spain ordered the construction of these army barracks in the early 18th century providing a temporary home for many Spanish, German, Italian, Flemish and American companies. It was named after the Count of Lemos and 3rd Duke of Berwick and Liria, a descendant of English kings and married to a daughter of the Duke of Alba, the owner of the plot. This enormous cultural centre has a theatre, auditorium, rehearsal room, exhibition halls, the Museum of Contemporary Art, the City of Madrid’s Archive, the Municipal Newspaper and Periodicals Library, the Digital Library and the Victor Espinós Public Library.

San Bernardo (L2/L4), Noviciado (L2/L3/L10), Plaza de España (L2/L3/L10) y Ventura Rodríguez (L3)